Friday, October 17, 2008

Oct 17, 2008 - Our Travel Gourd

I recently watched a show on the Travel Channel where a young man was taking a trip throughout the northeast to enjoy the fall foilage. One of the first things he did was stop at a roadside stand and buy a gourd for his dash. I thought that was a fun idea.

We stopped at a grocery store in Kamas to find our traveling gourd. They didn't have any gourds, but we did find this cute little pumpkin. Mom thought we should add the two ears of colored corn. I think the idea of a traveling gourd is for good luck - ours was just for ambience because we said a prayer before leaving home asking the Lord to bless us on this trip. I figure that's better than relying on a little gourd. So our gourd/pumpkin is there to make us smile.


It occasionally, does somersaults across the dash because it is enjoying its sojourn on our dash so much. Once I had to hand down some stiff discipline and set him on my lap because he was just way too rambunctious. But most of the time he is well behaved and sits in his little perch enjoying the sights, whispering his pleasure to the corn cobs.

No comments: