Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oct 22, 2008 - Japanese Garden in Portland

I wonder if this garden would be as beautiful any other time of year. The brilliant reds, oranges and yellows of some of the trees added so much to the vistas that I'm wondering if all green trees and bushes would have such a stunning effect.

This garden is a walking garden as there were only a few benches or other places to sit. Even in October there were enough people that I felt we had to keep moving in some places so as to not gum up the works.

I'm so glad we went to the Japanese Gardens because they were breathtakingly beautiful. It would be nice to find a bench and spend the day soaking up the delights while engaging in a bit of reading on the side. Oh, some nice refreshing herbal tea would be nice while I was reading.

1 comment:

julie said...

I visited the Japanese Gardens in August and it was still breath-taking, just probably in a different way. I loved its serenity.