Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oct 21, 2008 - Connie Hansen Garden

I don't know where I read about this garden, but when I did I thought it might be worth a look since it wasn't out of our way. This garden is located at 1931 NW 33rd St in Lincoln City - only a block from the highway. Of course, late October is not the peak season. If we ever come back in the late spring we'll have to stop again.

The garden was built over several decades by Connie Hansen, an avid gardener and artist, after she moved to this coastal town in the early seventies. At this time, the garden is run by The Connie Hansen Garden Conservancy, a non-profit group committed to preserving this garden and sharing it with the public.

Even at this time of year there were beauties to delight us. I was astonished that there were so many flowers in bloom. And was most surprised to see fuschia growing as hardwood bushes and cyclamens growing outside in the ground. Both of these plants have only been known to me as indoor potted plants.

No comments: