Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Big Chocolate Disappointment

I didn't think I would ever use the words chocolate and disappointment in the same sentence, but that describes my feelings after visiting the renown Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe in Portland. I skipped dessert at Papa Hayden's, which boast 22 scrumptious looking desserts, in favor of a mint chocolate truffle from Moonstruck. Guess what, they didn't have one mint chocolate truffle - not in milk chocolate, white chocolate, or my preference, dark chocolate. I couldn't believe it. That is just wrong! They said it's not the season and that they would have some around Christmas. I settled on 2 pieces of chocolate that cost $2.50 each. Neither was anything to get excited about.

In all fairness, I did not try their famous root beer flavored milkshake made from white chocolate ice cream or their hot cocoa which is supposed to be delicious, so I can't say it they would have lived up to their promise or not. All I can say is that I won't be going back. Instead I will look for a Macy's and buy a box of their impossible-to-beat Frango mints.

No comments: